Best Dedicated Server Box Host?

Hi Guys.

For quite some time my community has been renting a normal game server for hosting our RP server. We are now thinking about getting a dedicated server box to expand our community as well as wanting our current server to have less lag and able to handle more player slots. We have tried a variety of hosts and think it’s time to move to a dedicated server.

Now to my point, is there any good dedicated server host’s out there that you can recommend and that you have heard of that are good. Hopefully that are not too expensive as well. The dedicated server box must be in either the UK or Europe. The server will only need to run 1 or 2 servers so it won’t need state of the art features.

I appreciate the help.

If you’re only running one or two servers, it** will** be cheaper to just continue renting managed servers from a host. A Dedicated box will easily cost £100+ for a half decent box.

You could buy an old server and colo. RapidSwitch has a nice deal for £36 per month.

http://www.rapidswitch.com/Colocation.aspx

For colocation, I wouldn’t go with RapidSwitch unless you have serious money to burn. While they’re a very good and very professional host, there’s a few hidden costs which they don’t exactly tell you about when you sign up.

Have a look at killercreation.co.uk. The guy who runs that - Justin - is possibly the nicest person you could ever meet. They also do standard dedicated servers which are a little more expensive than RapidSwitch, but the attitude of the company outweighs that imo. Where RapidSwitch are extremely professional, KillerCreation are much more down to earth and friendly.

Thanks for the info.

Ok, thanks, Do you know how Killer Creation’s normal game servers are though. And Im guessing if I just ask them they can get a Gmod server since its not on their list of games?

There’s hidden costs there, for example, a windows server license will set you back £15/m, the setup fee of £50. Beyond that, it’s pretty cheap.

Great in terms of stability, not so great in terms of security (Conna managed to get into our box somehow)

They don’t offer Gmod gameservers so you would have to get a dedi. I’ve been using KillerCreation for around 3 years now, they’re consistently on the ball with their business and I’ve never had any trouble or problems with them or the services they provide.

For as long as KC keep up their astronomically good service, I’m going to be recommending them to anyone who will listen.

Can that be blamed on the server host? If you have a dedicated server, you’re responsible to keep your software up-to-date and protect it. The company is only responsible for hardware faults.

They don’t pack a line firewall without hefty (£20/m + £150 setup costs)

Though, I personally think the problem was Fizzadar having RD passwords in his email, which he used the same password for as the password he used when he registered to RoleNation.

Good job!

Atleast I don’t blame our hoster. Lol.

IE6 stop the presses

Not sure what your budget it, but in my opinion ServerBeach.com is the best.