Best hook for drawing avatars once on the HUD? (InitPostEntity doesnt seem to be working)

For some reason (although this could be due to me running in single player and not on a server) the InitPostEntity hook isnt calling at all… I cant draw my avatar on a HUD im working on as a result. Are there any other hooks I can use?
This is how im using my InitPostEntity hook:
[lua]
hook.Add(“InitPostEntity”,“DrawAvatarRightFuckingNow”, function()
DrawAvatar()
print(“hi”)
end)
[/lua]

That hi message isnt appearing anywhere, I have tried making it longer incase I missed it but nope.

You don’t really need a hook for it. Just putting it inside the file without a hook seems to work fine for me:
[lua]if not HUD.Avatar then

HUD.Avatar = vgui.Create( "AvatarImage" )
HUD.Avatar:SetSize( 32, 32 )
HUD.Avatar:SetPos( 2.5, 2.5 )
HUD.Avatar:SetVisible( false )
HUD.Avatar:SetDrawOnTop( true )
HUD.Avatar.Think = function()

if gui.IsGameUIVisible() or gui.IsConsoleVisible() then

end

end

end[/lua]

Pretty sure with an AvatarImage you have to set the player or you’ll just get a question mark image.

if not HUD.Avatar then

HUD.Avatar = vgui.Create( "AvatarImage" )
	HUD.Avatar:SetSize( 32, 32 )
	HUD.Avatar:SetPos( 2.5, 2.5 )
	HUD.Avatar:SetDrawOnTop( true )
	HUD.Avatar:SetPlayer( LocalPlayer(), 64 )
	HUD.Avatar.Think = function()

if gui.IsGameUIVisible() or gui.IsConsoleVisible() then

end

end

end

Yes, but it appears, and that’s what his question was asking about. I just posted this here because it’s what I have (just as an example). I automatically hide it once it’s created, though.

I thought gui.IsGameUIVisible() hides it if the main menu’s open and gui.IsConsoleVisible() hides it when the console’s open.
I see a ton of servers that have the problem where their HUD AvatarImage is overlapping the main menu which gets quite annoying.

Oh, it does, the hiding is also done in a HUDPaint hook for no reason at all, that handles it for me.
I agree, the instant I noticed how the avatar image was visible in the menu I added the Think to ensure it never appeared in the menu.

look into panel:SetPaintedManually() and panel:PaintManual()

Also you don’t need that think hook check, just use panel:ParentToHUD()