Bitcoin Miner, possible?

Hypothetically of course

2 Likes

Should technically be possible, now if that is ethical, that’s another thing…

1 Like

Hypothetically

1 Like

Why are you letting your kid hop on a likely unmoderated environment with people unattended? He is 12 and at that point, his parents would talk to him about reading.

1 Like

Show proof of concept.

1 Like

GPUs have been used for years for mining cryptocurrency. Considering the current issue with nvidia selling most of their card stock to miners, they’re quite popular.

Mining crypto with JS is relatively new, and quite ineffective on a watt/coin basis, but you can distribute it to random people who connect to your site with a browser.

There are even ranking charts for specific GPUs if you want to look more into it.

1 Like

First day on the forums and already learning about how to manipulate children for gain. I think I’ll stick around. I really like this idea thou. Say you wanna give VIP but kids don’t have money. You could just say “stay on the server and run this program all night for 30 days straight and you’ll get VIP”. I know a Gmod DarkRP community (Superior Servers) already give perks for staying on the server boosting the player count so more people join and people do it. I see little difference in overall effort to install a program from the server’s website, and letting it run. Maybe display who else is running the program to give a sense of community or something. I really like this idea an should definitely be explored further.

1 Like

To be honest, trying to exploit a playerbase in such a way is only really effective if you’re expecting a high turnover of players and don’t care about retention.

Skinner boxes that link to a visual “better than you” for players to display are the most effective method for children playerbases, as they can grandstand and show off all the cool things they can do, convincing friends to also join in.

1 Like

“manipulate children for gain”

That’s called child exploitation.

2 Likes

Is it really though?

1 Like