Black/broken textures

Greetings everyone,

for some reason some of my models have these black spots where textures should be and I can’t figure what’s causing this. I’ve gone as far as to re-downloading whatever was doing this but the results are the same. I’m out of ideas what’s causing this and how to fix this. someone please get back to this request please.

Usually, the black spots are caused by problems with the video card. Try updating your drivers and see if that helps at all.

alright… all I know is basic java when it comes to computers… how do I do that thing you said?

Just look up the info on your computer to find out what your video card is (this can be found by accessing the Device Manager, but just for example’s sake, let’s just say it’s the ATI Radeon HD 2600 for now), and then go to the website of the company that made your video card. Once there, look up the drivers for your specific video card and download the installer. After downloading the installer, just run it and restart your computer if necessary. Make sure to get the latest version of the drivers for your specific card, otherwise you may run into problems.

I remember my old computer used to do that with the tf2 medkits and such, but when i got my new one the problem was solved

I have a feeling that’s what’s going to happen when I get back to my home computer after I get away from this collage.