Black texture bug. Not checkerboard pattern either.

Literally this. For some reason over the past couple of months my maps have been getting funky. Most (if not all) of them are glitched with textures in the regard that some patches will be pure black no matter what kind of lighting is in/on the area.

Its never been a purple/black checkered texture, only flat black and in some areas the black texture fades away when I shine my flashlight on it and reveals the map texture, but its iffy. Even bullethole and blood textures from the paint tool and from shooting NPCs turn into nothing but black texture boxes.

I’ve managed to deal with it up to this point while trying to fix it in various ways, but Its just too aggravating right now. Its a possibility its something in my addons, but I doubt an addon could really cause maps to get this black overtexture to them.

If anyone knows a fix or even a possible solution, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Issue still not resolved, does anyone know a fix or even a temporary solution?

Is this a map youve made yourself?

No. Its gm_sewertunnels http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963406199

Its not at all limited to this one map though, pretty much every Garry’s mod map I load up has this problem in one place or another. The latest rp_city24 map has the same problem when I look at some floors and on the sidewalks of the map.

gm_airexchange
gm_bar
rp_city2
rp_highwayimprobable

The list goes on for every single map I have DLd.

Here’s another example of what I mean.

Can anyone give me some advice / help? I recently did a workshop addon purge and it still didn’t fix it.

Uninstalling and reinstalling has no effect either.