Blender 2.5 modeling help?

I think this is the best place for this thread and im pretty new to facepunch ;s

Anyway im new to modeling and wondering if anyone knew a good valve source blender modeling tutorial for 2.5, all the other tutorials I found were for earlier versions of blender so I could get to a part of the tutorial where the hotkey wouldent work or the button wouldent be where it was said, or a function would have a new name.

well, thats pretty much all

Welcome to facepunch, PunchedFace1337! I was rather irritated that not all of the hotkeys were the same (my beloved spacebar hotkey…), but the main Blender site has this lovely hotkey reference. You can use the reference to help with the tutorials. Hope this helps! :wink:

thanks :smiley: but does anyone have some 2.5 tutorials for valve source?

Hrm, there’s a video tutorial for Team Fortress 2 called “HellJumper’s Blender 2.5 Modeling Tutorial for TF2” on youtube. Did you see that one already?

:?

That would be this one. Probably the best so far and covers most everything.

It uses Blender 2.56 and while the current version as of this post is 2.60a, I cant think of anything it demonstrates that does not still work as shown.

Edit: I should have mentioned, that he talks about parts 2 and 3 in this video, but this particular video is all 3 parts put together.
Part 2 ‘Texturing + UV Mapping’ starts @ 29:42
Part 3 ‘Writing QC and Compiling’ starts @ 46:20