Blender can't import .dae(Collada) files

Hey there. Blender 2.74 is giving me errors that stops parsing of Collada(.dae) files. This is what the console is showing me:

Schema validation error: Error: ERROR_ATTRIBUTE_PARSING_FAILED Element: COLLADA, Attribute: version, Line: 2, Column: 23, Additional: 1.4.0
Cannot create image: C:\Users\snipped\Documents\models\
Sax FWL Error: Texture with sid "Genesect_body-image" not found in effect with id "_01___Default_fx".

Note: I typed this out by looking at the console(you can’t copy and paste from the windows cmd). Also keep in mind that I purposefully put “C:\Users\snipped” there so noone would see my windows username. Of course it put my actual username in the error code.
This is the XML code that is apparently causing errors:

<library_images>
        <image id="Genesect_body-image" name="Genesect_body">
            <init_from>file://C:/Users/snipped/Documents/models/Genesect_body.tga</init_from>
        </image>
        <image id="Ref-image" name="Ref">
            <init_from>file://C:/Users/Andy/Documents/models/Ref.tga</init_from>
        </image>
        <image id="Genesect_eyes-image" name="Genesect_eyes">
            <init_from>file://C:/Users/snipped/Documents/models/Genesect_eyes.tga</init_from>
        </image>
        <image id="Genesect_eyes_Transparency-image" name="Genesect_eyes_Transparency">
            <init_from>file://C:/Users/snipped/Documents/models/Genesect_eyes_Transparency.tga</init_from>
        </image>
        <image id="metal00-image" name="metal00">
            <init_from>file://C:/Users/snipped/Documents/models/metal00.tga</init_from>
        </image>
    </library_images>

Note: all .tga images were originally .png in the code, I changed them as my textures aren’t in .png format.

How do I fix this error? Remember, I’m using Blender 2.74 and I’m running a windows 8 machine. I converted a Wii Model File(.mdl0) to .dae with the BrawlBox program. Any help is appreciated.