happy enough with simple rafts as floating platforms that can be moved. larger and more well built boats as the high end tier. but i wouldnt expect much protection, and i wouldnt expect any motors on them. we are talking rowboats, not jetskis;) also their use depends on the dynamics of the map…if it generates with heaps of water bodies it makes sense and everyone will use them. if not, no one will use them.
- no cold debuff from getting wet.(there was mention of a cold debuff related to swimming earlier in dev, cant remember where)
- able to use torches in the middle of the lake(presuming torches extinguish in water)
- faster surface movement in water
- able to craft/fish/shoot etc from the boat
- should take a decent amount of wood/planks to build
- less subtle than swimming, potential target
- no shielding, should be able to be shot when in the boat(unless prone, if it gets introduced)
- maybe make the controls more sluggish. faster forward movement, but slower turning.
possibly the shielded version could be a higher tier, that moves slower, turns slower to compensate. but technically, you could always just allow placement in the boat like it was terrain, so boxes, spikes and wooden barricades could be used to buff it up instead of creating a “tank” boat as an extra tier;D