Bones Fucking Up

I made a TF2 weapon model, and the textures work on it. But ingame (and in hlmv), the player doesn’t hold it in their hands.

My bones aren’t working and NOTHING i do will fix it.

Can anyone with Blender look at my file? Please? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3310518/modeling/FUCK!!!!.zip

I included everything you need to compile the model (except the textures but that is irrelevant). The problem is probably something stupidly simple in blender, like a missing parent.

If you do figure out how to fix it, can you tell me what you did? It would be really appreciated!

[editline]12th January 2011[/editline]

I know what the problem is now. The bone isn’t skinned to the mesh. How do I skin a bone to a model in Blender? Any tuts for that?

Okay so i keep getting a “cannot find bone weapon_bone for bbox” error. I seriously don’t know what else to do.

When it gives you the error “Cannon find bone (Name) for bbox” it means that the model was not weighed to the bone. Edit the skin data so that at least part of it if not all of it is weighed to weapon_bone.

That is the part i keep fucking up. How do i weight it to the bone? I already went into weight paint mode and painted it all red, but that doesn’t help.

Here is my QC:

$modelname		"weapons/c_models/c_mace/c_mace.mdl"
$model 		"c_fireaxe_reference" "c_mace.smd"
$body studio	"c_mace.smd"
$staticprop
$surfaceprop	"metal"
$cdmaterials "models/weapons/c_items/"

$surfaceprop "metal"

$hboxset "default"
$hbox 0 "weapon_bone" -2.407  -7.223  -7.864  2.991  31.018  13.627

$sequence idle	"idle.smd" loop fps 1

$collisionmodel	"c_mace-phy.smd" {

$rotdamping 4.00
	$mass 50
	$concave

}

$keyvalues
{
   "prop_data"
   {
       "base"  "Metal.Medium"
   }
}

EDIT: WOW I AM STUPID. WHY IS $STATICPROP IN THERE?!??!!?

It compiled fine. I am so dumb.