Brainstorming Admin-Generated Mechanics

I had an idea to run past you.

Create a themed server where there is a God. The Admin is God, who shattered the old world and reduced Humanity to this sorry state when they stopped worshiping Him.

From time to time God will bellow from the skies a commandment that he expects his various followers to perform. It will read grandiosely but will be somethin like “I demand a token of nature. If I come upon you, give me your offering or suffer the consequences.” When God appears next to you or speaks invisibly, you must toss him the offering. Punishment shouldn’t cost what you are carrying, so maybe God teleports them a semi-nuisance distance from where they are. If offerings are made they get one faith point, records kept by God, which can be used in some way (not for anything that would upset the natural balance or cause an over-powered situation).

Other daily commandments might be to create a shrine (furnace) in a high location. Tell God in chat you are ready for him to behold it and He will come, gifting you a faith point (if that goes ahead) or a gift of planks maybe.

Other themed events:

-The monthly Long Night (weekly?), where timing is manipulated to create several successive dark periods. To add RP flavor, maybe this invites a paranoid killing frenzy that God smiles upon. During Long Night screenshot your rock kill for a gift/faith.

-A rockfight arena daily where one can volunteer to be teleported there for a series of battles for God’s favor and a prize.

Other ideas:

-Two Gods, one Dark one Light, you can choose who to curry favor with. Cult of the Sun, Cult of the Moon.
-Ongoing Blog chronicling celestial encounters and the story of the world.

Ok internet, rip me apart!

Zarovich
Admin of server Eden
108.61.17.170:28025