Hello, I am a huge fan of rust, having been played it for only one day^^. Pff so i thought i would give some feedback. I just started up a software developing company myself with some IT professors, so i know how important it is, to get feedback. Also, great improvements may come out of random ideas which i am going to post.
Well, first of all i believe, most ideas might be crazy and never going to happen, but i still share some thoughts.
1. Servers Bigger servers please, maybe MMO even.
2. Murdering Something to stop deliberate deathmatching. It is fairly difficult and annoying to start out from zero in official servers.
3. Hunting systemFirstly, please make arrows retrievable. If not all, then some of them.
Secondly, make rivers and some nice waterfalls, with a realistic fishing system. For example when harpoon is used, then player must manually aim the fish, to catch it.
4. Craftable car system I have figure out how any player can design and build cars with ease. Engines and functional parts of cars would be special items and this system doesn’t concern me. I am talking about the body and the chassis. Every player can put together steel rods to make a big form. The rods can be bent, to make some more round figures. The spaces between the rods, would be covered with metal automatically by the system. Of course the size of the body and thickness(bullet resistance) would depend on resources carried. Ant, what’s more-player can design just one half of the car, the second half can be done automatically, as it is identical. Player could even leave some parts of body uncovered, to make like, turret holes to mount weapons.That way cars would be fun and fully customisable, think, some clans can create their own style and so on. Well this is my crazy idea, which might damage the gameplay, if the cars would be built OP, also it might stress the performance, but in the other hand, its always possible to make them more expensive and difficult to build, so there would be less.
5. Trading systemWhere is the trading system? Drop trade doesn’t work out with strangers.
6. MoneyMoney would kill this game, never put it there.(I’m just saying.)
7. CostWhen game actually launches, make things cost more resources.
9. Steam friends’ spawnIf a player connects through a friend, make him/her spawn, where his/her friend last spawned OR atleast make that option. Today i searched for my mate for like 3 hours, getting constantly killed along the way.
10. Dungeons and caves Well, you are probably tired of me-.-
Anyway, i wish the project the best. I gave feedback being a responsible alphaplayer. If you need some kind of help, i would volunteer, i have a lot of knowledge about gaming, and how things work in IT. Also, i am a law student, so if you need some judging, i’m available.
Anyway, i am really happy on what u guys have done, i have dreamed about this game for a long time;)