Brand new install freezes on start or on save options.

Hi facepunch, I just reinstalled Garry’s Mod after about six months’ break. And every time I start the game, the blue loading circle appears on the screen as my cursor and it hangs on the screen with the black ‘Loading…’ in the corner.

Specs:
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 standard clock @3.00gHz x2
4GB DDR2 RAM
750GB HDD
Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Radeon HD5770

Mods in Addons:
Adv Dupe
AirVehicles
Customizable Weaponry
EasyPrecision
IAC
Military Models 1+2
phx3 SVN
smartsnap
toybox
wire SVN
wire model pack 1

One time I got through to the menu after 5 minutes loading, hit options, waited a minute for that window, configured my options, but when I hit OK it hung again. I have an error report from that hang:

-The program hl2.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: f04
Start Time: 01cbcebe0cd0e6f6
Termination Time: 24
Application Path: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\stephenkendrick\garrysmod\hl2.exe
Report Id: ?-

I can’t really say any more. Anyone got any solutions I can try? The game also didn’t load before I began to compile my mods apart from AirVehicles, Bail Out, Military Models and the two SVNs.

EDIT: updating my AMD drivers right now. will test.
UPDATE: No. That didn’t work. In fact it didn’t even ask to reboot, nice one AMD.

First of all you no longer need PHX SVN, it’s now packaged with Garry’s Mod.

Try renaming the garrysmod folder to garrysmodold then start up Garry’s Mod without any addons.

Okay, thanks for that, I’m a bit out of the loop.

I’ll test that now. Wait, will I have to re-download? Let me check :stuck_out_tongue:

[editline]17th February 2011[/editline]

Nope, that didn’t work either. One thing to note also is that for some reason it blurs my desktop when I start the game. So when I ctrl alt delete, it seems like everything is fuzzy around the edges and the text is all fuzzy too.

bump?

So PHX is now integrated into Gmod? That means I no longer need to download it and do SVN updates?
Could I even delete the PHX3 folder from addons? :smiley:

Yes.

That’s amazing :smiley: Thats propably also the reason why the PHX spawnlists are there 2 times each. One with [PHX] in front of it, other without.

Still no joy, I’m really starting to miss the game by reading the forums now. :frowning:

final bump before I give up

GMod does have fairly horrible loadtimes eventually, even if your computer is amazing. I’ve never seen it take 5 minutes though.