Brightness flickers when changing biomes

I’ve noticed that when moving between biomes, screen brightness gets “twitchy”. For example, when running up from the beach into a snow biome, the brightness will suddenly jump up about a dozen notches. When running back down, the brightness drops again. This isn’t just snow biomes, either. It seems to happen any time I switch biome. Or maybe even temperate zone. I’m on an R9 280, 16 GB, FX 8320E, Win7. Anyone else getting this?

I noticed that. If you turn off color grading it should stop.

I’m on an R9 280
^^^^^^^^^^^

Having the same issues with this card! (turning off color grading did not help for me)

getting same intermittently on a nvidia 710m.

Okay, I’m back with an update.

Turn off color grading did indeed help, but the issue persists. One area where I seem to be able to regularly trigger it is moving in and out of shade. I was flying around as admin, looking at the top few floors of a multi-story stone building. As I moved from the shadow of a tree into sunlight (with the sun at my back), the entire screen brightened up. As I moved back into the shadow, the entire screen dimmed. I was able to replicate this endlessly, even after leaving the area and returning.

The problem I described in my OP was present in both DX9 and DX11. I observed this latest problem in DX9. I’ll do some more testing tonight to see if it’s present in 11. Either way, something is still glitchy.