- Facebook contains so many useless status updates… if only there was some sort of mod which supplied me with useful status updates around 30 times a second… *
- If only there was some sort of mod which allowed me to team up Alyx and an Antlion Guard so they could fight poison headcrabs together… *
VERSION 1 IS NOW OUT
This mod basically allows you to keep track of two “Bros” or buddies and conveniently displays their status on your hud.
Bros can be players or NPCs, with each having their own features.
Addon format so you should know how.
- Easy system for adding bros: just bind “Bro” and then tap the key when very close and aiming at your future buddy
- Displays health, current weapon and ammo remaining (overall)
- Waypoints above your Bro’s head with the distance of how far away he is.
- Add NPCs and they will immediately become friendly.
- Command NPCs to do your bidding- movement and attacking
How to Use:
- Bind “Bro” to a key. This adds a bro if you are close to them
- Bind “Bro_NPC_Action” to a key. If you have NPCs this will command them
- Bro_NPC_Action will tell NPCs to attack if you aim at a player or other NPC
- Bro_NPC_Action will tell NPCs to move if you aim at open ground
- Type “Bro_Reset” into console if you want to remove both bros
- Can only have a maximum of 2 bros
- ** Turns out adding a player and an NPC is broken at the moment. I’ll fix this soon **
- If a player is ragdolled, the addon will break
- Optional laser sights so you can see what your bros are trying to hit-- Turns out this needs entities so I probably won’t get around to it
- Change colour of waypoint and laser to suit your liking
Version 1 Download:
Limited Beta Download: (very basic, no npc bros and lacks colourful hud)
Super Special Thanks:
- Fergo: Alpha Tester and Crazy Old Man
- Daft: Alpha Tester
Yes I have a horrible computer, so ignore the shitty graphics and look at the key features.
Also I think these were (as facepunch likes to call it) “Jpeg raped”.
Your Bros will like each other and fight together:
You can make Bros run to locations:
You can make Bros target other NPCs or Players:
[sp] My first standalone addon [/sp]