Building Sounds

I get what they were going for with the sound effects when you build/upgrade, and it’s not that bad if you’re just setting up a little 2x2 shack or something

… but god damn does that shit get old fast if you’re building any kind of decent sized base.

SAW SAW SAW SAW SAW SAWS SAW WHIRR WHIRR WHIRR SAW SAW WHIRR SAW WHIRR WHIRR SAW SAW SAW WHIRR SAW WHIRR

Am I alone here or is it making anyone else grind their teeth?

Hahaha.

I was fine with the old sounds. The new ones are a little op.

I agree new sounds are a bit annoying

The sounds themselves aren’t annoying, but the fact that they play

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME

you place or upgrade something is absurd

A simple two story with a 4x4 base with a staircase is gonna have
~16 foundations
~31 floor panels
~32 wall panels
~50 pillars

That means you have to hear that saw sound 129 TIMES to build a basic tier 0 base, and that’s not even mentioning the whirring sounds when you upgrade all that.

I don’t see why they couldn’t just play a hammer sound once when you pull out the blueprint and be done with it.

They will test different sounds as the game progresses I’m sure.

Turn your sound down?

I was actually pretty fearful they would get annoying fast, but I haven’t been bothered by it despite building lots of big stuff.

Maybe they can put a delay between sounds if you’re building fast, I guess?

These new sounds are cool and this is something that was mising in this game. For the first 10 minutes of building. After that, they’re annoying.

repairing 3 Km of external wooden walls is the worst… It sounds like I’m in shop class

I think it should just be a ‘plop’ kind of sound, but a bit more pleasing to the ears than the old one.

It sounds like I’m building a nascar race car instead of a base/home.

The goal with these was for a place with a lot of construction going on to actually sound like a busy construction site instead of just a guy with a ratchet. The reddit thread about these has a lot more upvotes than downvotes so I think most people like them, but I’ll definitely play around with these more before they’re final :slight_smile:

I am definitely going to change the repair sounds though. They feel a bit much to me when you’re repairing because of how fast the hammer swings.

IMO the current building sounds are fine, maybe just take away a little presence and volume, as they tend to overpower other sounds. I totally agree with you about the repair sound!

Of course any sound is going to get annoying after 10 minutes of the same thing. Same as footsteps after 10 minutes of running, or 10 minutes of solid shooting, or whatever.