Building Towards A Realistic Rust

I stumbled upon a thread posted recently here title “Epic radio idea!!” by 1-UPcard. He and Deicide[RS] suggested something I would love to see in Rust. Radios. Now, I wouldn’t be creating a new thread if I was just talking about how much I like the idea. I have some additional suggestions to build upon what they have envisioned

Deicide suggested that whoever controls the Satellite dish should be able to broadcast their station over the whole map. I love this. I think that additionally you should be able to craft radio transmitters, which would allow you to broadcast in a significantly smaller portion of the map.

There are a few things wrong with the current method Rust uses to communicate. First of all, there is an all chat. I am not a fan of this, because it takes away from the feeling of solitude when you first start in Rust

Epic music begins. Deep voiced announcer begins: When you wake up, you have nothing. You only have a rock, a torch, and your wits.

oh yea and about 100 players spamming in a chat about how much they could “pwn ur mom” in the left hand corner.

Do you see what I mean? It doesn’t fit with the theme of Rust. Nor does the fact that a players name and profile picture is displayed in the corner of your screen when you are nearby them.

In place of this, I suggest both the use of radio and walkie-talkies. I think both should be relatively cheap to make, because they don’t benefit you in any way other than entertainment.

Anyways, that’s just a quick summary of my thoughts. As always, criticism and suggestions are welcome.

-Mitch

Ok, but why would people tune in to the turd that has the dish?

For fun. No one is making them :smiley:

I definitely agree on all-chat and names above heads being super immersion breaking.

Would it be cool if while you have a mask on you have no name