Building upgrade no go

Curious, I have a small base 2x4, single level. I have plenty of mats to upgrade and I am authorized to build with my cupboard. Last night I began the process of upgrading on one foundation and finally after it reached 2k health was the last/only piece I could upgrade. No other part of my base could be upgraded and it is also 100% stable. I don’t understand why this is occurring as I have seen plenty of other bases with full metal health.
Also noted that even though I have stone and metal frags on my possession it will not give me the option to create even when right clicking the options (greyed out)

You just need wood and stone to upgrade.

How many teirs can we upgrade foundations, walls, and ceilings at the moment?

“Also noted that even though I have stone and metal frags on my possession it will not give me the option to create even when right clicking the options (greyed out)”

This also included wood

I was under the impression foundations/ceilings could only be upgraded 2 tiers at the moment.

Well, the server I play on has buildings that their walls are 500 hp, foundations at 2k hp.
It was really the first time I upgraded on the new system. It’s rather long as you hit one and it begins the ascent up to 2k. Unfortunately it would appear you are only able to do one block at a time on the upgrading. I could be wrong but this is what happened to me.
Once my single foundation block was upgraded, poof! ALL upgrade ability was gone

You need 300 wood and 300 stone PER block. You can upgrade as many as you want at once, and hitting them with the hammer 3x will speed up the progress by A LOT.