CakeScript recurring problem.

Hey guys, I am running CakeScriptG2 1.0.4 on my server and i seem to be having a major problem that comes up. After we made our custom schema for a Fallout 3 type rp. This problem came up where new people joined their F1 menu did not pop up and they cant move, they are even locked out of their console + escape menu. I recently reinstalled and made a new HL2 RP schema and it worked perfectly all day, then…it happened again.

What i’v tried ~
-Reinstalling the server ~ Works but just happens again :confused:
-Deleting the Cache, lua, resource, scripts, settings and then running a steam update to recreate the fresh server files. ~ Didn’t work.
-I have had clients delete their lua_temp folder/cache ~ Didn’t seem to work

Is it possible that its client side? If so have any ideas ?
(By the way, some people don’t get the problem when it comes up)

-Edit, a friend sent me some of the errors hes getting.

CakeScriptG2\gamemode\cl_charactercreate.lua:70: attempt to call global ‘CreatePlayerMenu’ (a nil value)
Warning: Unhandled usermessage ‘playermenu’
ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘ScoreboardShow’ Failed: CakeScriptG2\gamemode\cl_binds.lua:38: attempt to index global ‘HiddenButton’ (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘ScoreboardHide’ Failed: CakeScriptG2\gamemode\cl_binds.lua:46: attempt to index global ‘HiddenButton’ (a nil value)

If you want to try it or see it for yourself here the IP :smiley:
66.150.221.110:27015

If this gets fixed and you can help, we could give you admin to our server if you want (What ryasnack1 said)

Same problem here! Someone please help me/us out!

[editline]08:50PM[/editline]

It is very strange

[editline]10:07PM[/editline]

Here are some errors a player reported

ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘ScoreboardShow’ Failed: CakeScriptG2\gamemode\cl_binds.lua:38: attempt to index global ‘HiddenButton’ (a nil value)

ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘ScoreboardHide’ Failed: CakeScriptG2\gamemode\cl_binds.lua:46: attempt to index global ‘HiddenButton’ (a nil value)

I hope this helps if anybody is trying to help I’ll give admin to this exclusive server.

Help please !

Any help support suggestions?

It’s to do with the Initial DModelPanel not starting with a model… i had the exact same problem like a year ago when i ran it… use LemonadeScript and just edit out the HL2 Features

Wait what? So you want us to change scripts? We run a HL2 RP Server
Also isn’t LemonadeScript like bugged? What version did you use?

LemonadeScript is based off CakeScript and has all HL2 Features in it… use the fixed version… as i said i used it like over a year ago… now i make my own.

http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=44092

Cool so no bugs?

[editline]04:37AM[/editline]

Were trying the LemonadeScript and it seems to be 90% functional but when pressiing tab we get

ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘ScoreboardShow’ Failed: LemonadeScript\gamemode\cl_binds.lua:38: attempt to index global ‘HiddenButton’ (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘ScoreboardHide’ Failed: LemonadeScript\gamemode\cl_binds.lua:46: attempt to index global ‘HiddenButton’ (a nil value)

• Menu Doesnt Pop up when you join
  • Character creation menu comes up and you can make a character, but when your done it goes away and doesnt save/make the character.

Sorry if we are a bother but we are probably going to use LemonadeScript from now on if we fix these small things

Also Conor added you [HST] Ak he is the server manager and he hopes you can give him some help/advice?

Lemonade Script doesn’t really work :slight_smile: anyone else have this problem?