This is a project proposal to gauge interest.
Description: Brings the fast-paced action of Call of Duty to ancient times, before guns replaced bows, crossbows, swords, and other weapons of old.
- Simple but engaging melee combat mechanics (ability to slash or parry vertically or horizontally; melee hits are one-hit kill (except when wearing appropriate armor)
- Since the firing rate of ancient ranged weapons are much slower than modern weapons, weapon balance between melee and ranged weapons is achieved.
- Ability to parry with melee weapon
- Call of Duty-style multiplayer (Killstreaks, perks, weapon attachments, primary/secondary, etc.)
- Addition of Dash move (like the dash of the energy sword in Halo except it’s assigned to a key and it does not lock on to a target) to make melee weapons more practical (without dash, an enemy can just run away from you when you try to melee him)
Weapon Classes (not final)
- Crossbows (including repeating crossbows)
- Bow & Arrow
- Hand cannons
“Grenades” & Tactical “Grenades”:
- Smoke bomb
- Rain of Arrows
- Minigun (for fun)
What do you think?