Calling net.Start with unpooled message name!, stop working all of a sudden

I’ve checked both server and client sides…I’m adding the util.AD

Server side

util.AddNetworkString("spawn_npc1") 
net.Receive("spawn_npc1", function(l, ply)
	local hit = ply:GetEyeTrace().HitPos
 print( "Attempting NPC Spawn" )
	local ent = ents.Create("npc_citizen")
	ent:SetModel("models/npc/cdc_soldier_npc.mdl")
	ent:SetPos(hit)
	ent:Spawn()
	print(ent:GetModel())
	 print("Finished NPC Spawn, any luck?")

Client Side

Button1	= vgui.Create( "DButton", MainPanel )
				Button1:SetSize(200, 100)
				Button1:SetPos(10,10,3)
				Button1:SetText( "Spawn NPC" )
				Button1.DoClick = function ()

net.Start("spawn_npc1")
			    net.SendToServer()	
				end

What am I missing here, I am using the right string for the net library? This happened all of a sudden when my internet dropped. Is there something I am missing here that relates to net library? (I’ve restarted GMOD since.)

Are you sure that the server-side code is being run before the client-side code?

Apparantely there another section farther down that was stopping the cl_init file from being loaded so it was given me an error that was only a symptom and not the problem.

[editline]27th July 2015[/editline]

I had to scroll up in console but is there no way to force this? It wasn’t given me the direct error as a result and this made it more difficult to find.

If you’re talking about a gamemode, then the files for both scopes (client and server) are loaded in the order that you include() them in, starting with the cl_init and init files. If the game hits a compilation error on the way, it will stop where it is and print the error, which means that everything after the error won’t be run, resulting in an error which I assume you were describing above.

The only way to stop this is just to be very careful when writing your code and make sure your syntax is correct.