Can i use Hammer 1 to create s&box maps?

Hello! I haven’t HL: Alyx, and i need to know if Hammer 1 can be used in s&box. Thanks for the reponse
reply.

No.

You’re welcome.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Hammer 1 can’t be used

If you are saying it because you want to start creating maps until you receive the S&box key, you can use SteamVR (is free), which uses the same hammer that S&box (is Source 2 too).

You can use it without VR (I have done that, I want to get access too, so I can’t wait and I have been testing things with SteamVR)

what are the requirements … or how should I make map in HL Alyx hammer for example… for it to work in s&box ?

Is there a way to setup gamemode or should I just focus on player spawn … if so is info_player_start entity enough ?

Is there any other setting I should change? (map settings or sth else)

or should I just make new thread for these questions?

thanks

what are the requirements … or how should I make map in HL Alyx hammer for example… for it to work in s&box ?

IN THEORY, SteamVR and HL:Alyx maps are compatible with S&box (with HL:Alyx, the specific things of the game won’t work in S&box). The map will be compatible if you don’t add exclusive things of that game.
(I used the guide of Creating your first gm_flatgrass - S&box Wiki and it works perfectly (the only thing is that I don’t have VR so I can’t test the map)

Probably someone with more experience in Hammer (and access to S&box because I’m waiting to get access too) will know better than me.

1 Like