Can someone help me?

For some reason, when ever I try to compile a map that I edited, I always get errors. If I post the .vmf file for the map, can someone attempt to compile it for me?

Well first try to post the compile log with [ code] [ /code] here.

Minus the spaces between [ code and [ /code.

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\counter-strike source\cstrike" "c:\users\joe\desktop\gaymod\rp_cityx_fix"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jul  7 2010)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading c:\users\joe\desktop\gaymod\rp_cityx_fix.vmf
material "nature/blendgrassgravel002b" not found.
Material not found!: NATURE/BLENDGRASSGRAVEL002B
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
material "nature/water_riverbed03" not found.
Material not found!: NATURE/WATER_RIVERBED03
material "effects/citadel_destroyed_card_06" not found.
Material not found!: EFFECTS/CITADEL_DESTROYED_CARD_06
material "effects/citadel_destroyed_card_04" not found.
Material not found!: EFFECTS/CITADEL_DESTROYED_CARD_04
material "effects/citadel_destroyed_card_02c" not found.
Material not found!: EFFECTS/CITADEL_DESTROYED_CARD_02C
material "effects/fake_fog01b" not found.
Material not found!: EFFECTS/FAKE_FOG01B
material "effects/citadel_destroyed_card_03" not found.
Material not found!: EFFECTS/CITADEL_DESTROYED_CARD_03
material "effects/citadel_destroyed_card_03a_small" not found.
Material not found!: EFFECTS/CITADEL_DESTROYED_CARD_03A_SMALL
material "nature/mountainrange_far_01c" not found.
Material not found!: NATURE/MOUNTAINRANGE_FAR_01C
material "nature/mountainrange_far_01b" not found.
Material not found!: NATURE/MOUNTAINRANGE_FAR_01B
material "nature/mountainrange_far_01a" not found.
Material not found!: NATURE/MOUNTAINRANGE_FAR_01A
material "nature/mountainrange_far_01bb" not found.
Material not found!: NATURE/MOUNTAINRANGE_FAR_01BB
Could not locate 'GameData' key in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\counter-strike source\cstrike\gameinfo.txt
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_cityx_fix/nature/red_grass_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_cityx_fix/nature/red_grass_thin_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_cityx_fix/nature/canal_reeds_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_cityx_fix/nature/blendgrassgravel001a_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_cityx_fix/nature/blendtoxictoxic002a_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_cityx_fix/nature/blendgrassgravel001b_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (2)
**** leaked ****
Entity light_environment (929.36 -3400.60 887.00) leaked!

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (15872.0 11264.0 -4696.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (16384.0 10752.0 -4696.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (16384.0 9728.0 -4696.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (14848.0 11264.0 -4696.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (13824.0 11264.0 -4696.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (15632.0 8192.0 -4696.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (15968.0 8192.0 -4696.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (16208.0 8192.0 -4696.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

*** Suppressing further FindPortalSide errors.... ***
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
Chop Details...done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides...
Merged 1810 detail faces...done (1)
Merging details...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
Too many t-junctions to fix up! (3841 prims, max 32768 :: 65550 indices, max 65536)

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\counter-strike source\cstrike" "c:\users\joe\desktop\gaymod\rp_cityx_fix"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jul  7 2010)
2 threads
reading c:\users\joe\desktop\gaymod\rp_cityx_fix.bsp
Error opening c:\users\joe\desktop\gaymod\rp_cityx_fix.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jul  7 2010)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\joe\desktop\gaymod\rp_cityx_fix.bsp
Error opening c:\users\joe\desktop\gaymod\rp_cityx_fix.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "c:\users\joe\desktop\gaymod\rp_cityx_fix.bsp" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\rp_cityx_fix.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\Source SDK Base\hl2.exe"
** Parameters: -dev -console -allowdebug -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\funkyweinerking\counter-strike source\cstrike" +map "rp_cityx_fix"

Alt+p. That’ll pop up a list of errors. And then you can try here if that doesn’t help. Do you know what leaks are? That’s most likely what’s happening.

And try for a more descriptive thread/title in the future, it’ll help us help you.

Edit:

Holy hell, that was posted while I was typing.

Yeah, well, there’s you leak. And there’s a whole mess of other stuff. Try the interlopers link I posted. Run your entire compile log through there.

You have to have every entity in your map, including brush entities if you have any, enclosed entirely by plain brushes. They have to be completely sealed off from the void, the black space around the entire map. If you’ve made ground and a skybox, just make sure everything is inside the shape you’ve made and that there are no holes in it whatsoever. Use cordon if you have to; click on the yellow/black striped boxes at the top of the Hammer window to enable and start editing the boundaries of the codon. Just for testing purposes, enclose your entire map in it and compile; it should at least get rid of the leak. But at some point you’re going to have to make an actual Skybox and remove the cordon to finish the map.

There’s apparently a lot wrong with it. A lot of missing materials, and a leak are some of the main things.

Ok, I fixed up the leak problem. Now I have to fix: Too many t-junctions to fix up! (3841 prims, max 32768 :: 65550 indices, max 65536)

I was reading about it at the website you posted, but I’m not entirely sure what Im supposed to do. Should I delete some functions on the map?

http://rvanhoorn.ruhosting.nl/optimization.php?chapter=intro

Alright, you have too many probably highly detailed func_details touching/intersecting brushes, or normal world geometry. You’re probably going to have to delete some of your func_details, or at least simplify them; reduce the number of faces.

And, just to be sure, you never used the carve tool, did you?

Oh, yeah, and good link one post above me. Use that.

Did you decompile this map?

yes

Too many t-junctions to fix up! (3841 prims, max 32768 :: 65550 indices, max 65536)

There’s your problem. Solution is to ask the author of the map to edit it for you/ask him politely for the .vmf