Can someone help with reload sounds for my swep?

god dammit

Well if you have audacity and you have some time to sit around and matchup sounds, you can use this piece of code:

function SWEP:Reload()

self.Weapon:DefaultReload(ACT_VM_RELOAD) 
	-- Animation when you're reloading

if ( self.Weapon:Clip1() < self.Primary.ClipSize ) and self.Owner:GetAmmoCount(self.Primary.Ammo) > 0 then
	-- When the current clip < full clip and the rest of your ammo > 0, then

self.Owner:SetFOV( 0, 0.15 )
		-- Zoom = 0

self:SetIronsights(false)
		-- Set the ironsight to false
self.Weapon:EmitSound("weapons/Javelin/Javelin_rel.wav")
end

end

Just tag that on at the end of your script, and change “(“weapons/Javelin/Javelin_rel.wav”)” to whatever your reload sound is. Just make sure you merge all of the reload sounds together in the correct timing and order. Now there’s another way to do this with scripts, but err… I don’t use that way as I failed at getting it to work.

I don’t have audacity, I was just hoping I could make it play the sounds in a quick order like it would in Cs:s?

[editline]05:52AM[/editline]

Is there a sequence of Lua that will make it play all the sounds in a reload? like:
Clipout.wav
Clipin.wav
slidepull.wav
sliderelease.wav
?
This would be a nifty little script, you press R, it reloads, and it goes into that sequence of sounds in a editable order.

There is, that’s the script I was talking about. I used it in the past but I stopped working with Sweps for awhile and failed at getting the scripts to work when I tried again. So now I use that more annoying and complicated process. Can’t help you with scripts, sorry.

snooppp

I wrote up a nice little script that does what I hoped for :smiley: