Can you create a texture thats 1024 H and 512 W

Pretty much can you make a texture thats 1024 units high and 512 wide? Or does the Height and width need to stay the same?

So long as both are a power of 2 they generally work.
So any combination of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, and in some cases 4096, is fair game.

Although I imagine setting them to tile correctly may be more difficult if you mess with the ratio. Could solve it with an axis scale on $basetexturetransform should that happen I suppose.

thankyou for the help :smiley:

Can someone explain to me why it’s so important to have a size the power of 2 ? All ratios do work … I do it too and I like to think of it like generally saying on the grid of 16 but is there an actual reason to it and is it even relevant anymore with modern computers ?

It’s what GPUs expect.

Block compression and texture streaming and the rules that accompany them along with general gpu drivers. It’s very rare you’ll find something that breaks those rules.
Only thing that comes to mind would be Doom4; and even then everything is still stored as a power of 2 even if their actual resolution is instead a multiple of 120.