Can you use steam workshop files on a GM13 Server?

I have a small garry’s mod 13 server with a few mods working since the update. Although we do have a slight problem, we need to get the Door STool (Or Door tool). We’re not entirely sure if the old versions found on garrysmod.org would still work or if we need to go else were.

We found a newer (Supposedly compatible version) for GM13, Can we use steam workshop files in the server’s addons directory or not?
If we can’t then what can we do to get the mods that we require?

Also, anyone got any ideas how to disable the spawn tool in sandbox? It’s just a litte problem we’ve been having.

Thank you
That Brit.

You can download the addons to your computer and then use GMad (extractor) to extract all the files.

I might be misunderstanding your question, but are you asking if you can use a Door STool that you found in the workshop on your Gmod13 server?

If so, of course you can.

If you have not previously created a workshop.vdf file in your orangebox/garrysmod directory on your server, create one using some text editor (name it “workshop.vdf” with that extension). It should create a new .vdf file, which you can edit like a text document. If for some reason the file is not .vdf and is still .txt, use a different text editor (like Notepad++) to save it.

With this file, you can add workshop addons directly to your server.

Here is an example of what should go inside of it:

“addons”
{
“1” “104480013” // Weight Tool
“2” “104479831” // Stacker Tool
}

Any time you want to add an addon from the workshop, go to that addon’s workshop page and look at the URL. It should look something like:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106045947&searchtext=

You need to copy the unique 11-digit ID after where it says “?id=”. Then just paste it into your workshop.vdf file like so:

“addons”
{
“1” “104480013” // Weight Tool
“2” “104479831” // Stacker Tool
“3” “xxxxxxxxxxx” // Door STool
}

Here is the official page about workshop addons: http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Server/Workshop

I hope this helped, and that I didn’t misunderstand your question!

Yep, You understood it perfectly. Thank you for helping me with that! I’ll test it right away

but that is 9 digits