CannonFodders GUI StudioMDL compiler

So yeah, I know I just made a thread about actualley modeling with blender but im having lots of problems trying to model.

So I tried using valve’s StudioMDL but it closed like less then a second after openeing, all I could read about the error seemed to be a missing .dll (is it becuase I dont have HL1 or 2?)
so I got cannonfodders GUI compiler, the new version that said it didnt rely on StudioMDL and I decided to try compileing my crappy box model. so im at model compile… doo doo, and I get down to ‘Compiled Material Directory’ and its not letting me type in the box, or drag anything in to fill it in?

AND THEN, I dont gets wrong with my config, but nothing in the steam SDK tools folder is able to start

my Steam Game Dir
C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps-SteamName-\garrysmod\hl2\

SDK tools
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps-SteamName-\sourcesdk\bin\ep1

sadfaece :frowning:

For your game directory, make it C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps-SteamName-\garrysmod\garrysmod\

For SDK tools, make it C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps-SteamName-\sourcesdk\bin\source2009\bin

:slight_smile:

It’s much better if you write your QC files yourself and compile via the normal SDK - you seem to have the 2009 bins.
So start the SDK, switch to the game you want to compile to and compile by drag and dropping your QC file on studioMDL.

‘So I tried using valve’s StudioMDL but it closed like less then a second after openeing’

The normal SDK opens for a split second before closing and only opens if I spam the open key and it opens after about 10 tries, stays up for half a minute or so, then closes, it tells me there is a missing or bad option error at the top of the console, I also cant type any options while it stays up

What? Console? SDK?
Go into your tools in the games list and start the sdk from there. I think you must be trying to start source sdk base.

As to studiomdl going bye bye - it’s a commandline application. Like I’ve said, drag and drop your QC file on it.

oh!, thanks for your help but I got cannonfodders nearly working thanks to the awesomemly helpfull PM’s from Treevis