Cannot connect to any servers!

Hey guys,
I load up Rust and right before its done, it freezes at the loading screen saying “waiting for player” or something like that. I cannot get on and I’m sad :frowning: any help/suggestions??

can anyone help me on this topic? admin? anyone? i have a mac and still havent been able to play 1 min of this greatly anticipated game. why can everyone else play but not me. i meet the recommended requirements for the game it just always freezes on “waiting on character”. HELP!

I also cannot connect to any servers at all. I get stuck at a grey screen with a green rust banner at the top right and ‘LOADING’ bottom-right.

I’ve tried restarting my pc, steam , changing to the dev build, etc and nothing works.

Any help?

[editline]22nd December 2013[/editline]

Hi!

I fixed this problem, and I suspect this might help many others so here goes :

My problem was caused by bad UDP header checksums. This was because I had TCP Offloading enabled for my PC’s NIC. Disabling fixed the problem.

These steps work on Windows 8.1 but should basically be the same for 7 and 8.

You can do this by going to Control Panel, then to Network and Internet, then to Network Connections. Right-click your active connection, then click on properties. Then choose ‘configure’. Go to advanced, then look for IPv4 checksum offload. I changed this to disabled for everything and all of sudden my game connected.

This will probably increase CPU load on your machine, but I don’t know by how much - I will keep an eye on that.

This worked for me on my rig, obviously your mileage might vary.

I am having this same problem on Mac. I bought the game yesterday and haven’t played a single game yet. If I join the community servers the screen stops at “loading shared”. If I join the main servers it stops at “loading character”.

Go to the console(f1) and type net.connect 216.155.138.218:28025

Sleepers
Fast Craft
No Lag
PvP
Newb Friendly
100% Uptime
Fresh Wipe!

Come join us! Friendly group of players!
Any questions at all, add my steam, logancrone12345

Make sure your steam is updated as well as Rust updates have been completed.
Then
restart your computer
then
open steam and rust
then
Try and connect to your favorite server.

I would plug my own server but people keep looking down on that :slight_smile: (your welcome to join mine by the way)

Same problem… im ungry