Cannot connect to my own dedicated server.

I tried to create a dedicated server, which I’ve done for many other games in the past (including gmod 10/11) on my old celeron laptop. Everything worked fine on it and i could run the dedicated server AND connect to it with gmod everytime without any issues.

I recently got a new desktop computer. It runs all my games fine and gmod runs perfectly, but when i try to run a gmod dedicated server AND connect to gmod to it at the same time, i get an error.

“This Steam account has been used to log in from another computer. To continue Steam, you need to log in again.”

Reinstalling anything didn’t help, and my friends can connect to my server just fine.

btw, in case you need my system specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon X3 2.7GHz (OC to 3.24GHz)
RAM: 4Gb ddr3 1600
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4650 512Mb ddr3
Hard Drive: 500Gb 7200RPM
PSU: RAIDMAX 530w

That’s because your dedicated server and your game are both using the same Steam account. Steam accounts can’t be logged in more than once at a time.

Are you running the server from steam?

Is there any possible way to get around it and run both?

[editline]11:28AM[/editline]

No, I’m using SRCDS and HLDSUPDATETOOLS.

Perhaps I could help further if you add me as a steam friend.

Just create another Steam account and use that to run the dedicated server.

It won’t let me log out saying that I have to close Garry’s Mod to continue. Then if i log out of steam, run the server, then try to log back into steam, it says my account is in use on another computer. Using another account doesn’t work because I can’t log out of my second account to log into my first one.

[editline]11:44PM[/editline]

Added as Dr. Octaganopus BLARGH!!

[editline]11:48PM[/editline]

Wait, never mind, i got it to work by logging out of steam, starting the server, then logging back in. The reason it wouldn’t let me log in before is because i was logged in to my laptop.

Thanks for all your help and time guys