Cannot Join My Own Server - EAC Does Not Authorize

Since the latest patch that made Experimental official I am no longer able to stay connected to my server (personally hosted). When I join and check console it says [EAC] Registering ‘mySteamId’ but will not authorize and in result I get kicked about 10s after joining. When other players join they register and authorize immediately as they join.

I have checked the game cache, added firewall exceptions and ran the EAC executable to re-install it to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: This applies to every server I join it seems.

Since it’s happening to you on all servers, it’s a problem between your client and EAC. Make sure you don’t have any security software blocking EAC or being weird. Disable it if installed temporarily to test.

Thanks for the reply!

I actually just tested some other community servers and they all kick me. I obviously cannot see the console on these but I am sure its the same thing.

Console is:

[EAC] Registering ‘mySteamId’

[EAC] Kicking ‘mySteamId’ (disconnected)

I have allowed EAC through firewall, DEP and my Sophos client to no avail. I would like to avoid a re-install of the game but may try it here shortly.

I saw your edit and changed my post entirely, never mind what I said there the first time.

What’s the message in your client console when you get booted/fail to connect?

It actually does not fail to connect. I load fine and can gather and interact with the environment until EAC kicks me after about 10-15s.

Edit above I just made:

Console is:
[EAC] Registering ‘mySteamId’

[EAC] Kicking ‘mySteamId’ (disconnected)

I have allowed EAC through firewall, DEP and my Sophos client to no avail. I would like to avoid a re-install of the game but may try it here shortly.

What’s your client console say when EAC kicks you, then?

Nothing specific at all.

Disconnected: disconnecting
Disconnected - Returning to Main Menu

Funny thing is I was connecting and playing fine yesterday before the “big switch” today. Nothing on my system has changed.

[editline]1st October 2014[/editline]

All anti-virus (Sophos) services stopped and the problem persists.

The change to steamworks.net might have something to do with it? https://twitter.com/RustUpdates

Thanks!

This makes it seem like a known issue. I will just wait it out for now.

I am curious was triggers a SteamID as invalid. All I can think of is that my account is pretty old and may trigger it somehow?

My ID is: STEAM_0:1:3439422

DISREGARD!

Re-install of the game has fixed the problem.

its happening to me and others joining my server… i tried fresh install and still nothing. will have to wait untill tomorrow :slight_smile:

you can disable EAC on your server. I know it’s not ideal but if you have this problem and still want to use the newest files (opt`ed to experimental beta) then enter this command on your server.

Server.secure false

This will disable EAC. Would prefer not to need to do this tho.