Hi guys I was wondering if anyone can help me;
Played a few weeks ago and everything was fine (could run both legacy and now ‘default’ / exp. versions)
Now, every time I try to launch rust from steam, i get to the part of ‘LOADING BACKGROUND MENU’ (e.g after running self check etc etc) and then rust will just suddenly close. If i try to launch it again - it will go through a process of verifying files. but that doesnt fix it
Legacy works fine.
Stuff I’ve tried:
- Updated gfx/all drivers/restarted steam&pc etc
- Disabled antivirus (avast) and firewall
- Ran steam.exe in admin mode
- Run rustclient.exe in admin mode - interestingly I get the same problem but this time shows ‘Rustclient.exe has stopped working’ dialogue box
- Verified files;
- Uninstall and fresh reinstall
- Entered dev. branch - same problem, went back to normal mode, still same problem.
i7 3.6 ghz, GTX 680, Windows 7.
Does anyone have any suggestions / help ?