Can't compile model (Vista)

Im having a problem when trying to compile a model. Im using GUIStudioMDL and I load the .QC and compile, but nothing happens.

GUIStudioMDL 2.2/Source - © 2007 Neil ‘Jed’ Jedrzejewski - http://www.wunderboy.org/

Loaded QC file - “C:\Users\Mackenzie\Desktop\COMPILE\ak47.qc”

Created command line: “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps*\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\studiomdl.exe" -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps*\half-life 2 episode two\ep2” -nop4 -nox360 C:\Users\Mackenzie\Desktop\COMPILE\ak47.qc

Thats all I get in the Compiler Output. Im using Vista 32bit have steam, source sdk and Model viewer open and I still cant get it to work

what’s the output on studiomdl? Just try to compile from that.

What he means is drag and drop the .qc onto the studiomdl. Another alternative is to use Notepad++'s NPPEXEC with the command line:

"C:\Steam\steamapps\<username>\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\studiomdl.exe" -game "C:\Steam\steamapps\<username>\half-life 2\hl2"  "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"

otherwise open up source sdk, set the engine to 2009 and the game to hl2, Refresh SDK content, then try again.

Ive tried both of those, neither worked

Try opening up Source SDK first, to make sure everything is up-to-date, then try again.

Nope, I think its a problem with Vista, because some of my friends use XP and it works fine, although, my one friend Andy he is using XP and it doesnt work now.

I’m on Vista x86, and I have no problems compiling models. Of course, I use batch files, not GUIStudio, so that might be it.

Check the file permissions, and try running GUISMDL as admin.

Mind sending those batch files? I run it as Admin, because if I dont I get a pipe lock connection error.

You’ll need to do some simple edits, but it’s not too hard to figure out:

"%sourcesdk%/bin/orangebox/bin/studiomdl" -game "C:\Steam\steamapps\bob42\garrysmod\garrysmod" -nop4 ./reference.qc
pause

Mostly, you’ll need to change the path, and the QC filename. Make sure that the destination folder exists too, since studiomdl isn’t smart enough to try to make it itself.

Damn, still isnt working, I really need to compile some things

Go ahead and upload the SMDs and QC, I’ll compile for you.

NOT THIS URL

Use this one, the model wasnt rotated correctly

Got it. I should have it done tomorrow; I seriously need some sleep right now.

Thanks alot, I owe you one!

Alternatively try this batch

"%sourcesdk%/bin/orangebox/bin/studiomdl" %1
pause

just drag your QC on it. The fact that it pauses on complete means you can also read the log without having to pipe it into a textfile. If that still won’t work, tell us what the issue is.

Just remember to run the SDK before this.

I just reinstalled Source SDK, but now when I use GUIstudioMDL I get this error

SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0012FB3C) failed with error 1: failed to take master pipe connection lock

restart steam, make sure antivirus and firewalls are not blocking studiomdl.exe

SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0012FB3C) failed with error 1: failed to take master pipe connection lock

[editline]06:52AM[/editline]

It’s just saying it doesn’t have access to steam, and perhaps its files. Try re-installing steam.

Surprisingly, I too ran into that problem while compiling. I just restarted Steam and everything worked.

I had to make a few changes to the QC. Pretty sure everything works.

Here it is, by the way. Just drop in your models folder. http://www.mediafire.com/?aewgixddkbsig4c

I only tested it in HLMV, and I couldn’t test the textures, but it looks like it’s good.