Can't connect to certain servers?

Hey, I am having a annoying issue where I cannot connect to SOME servers, I only know I can’t connect to ANY fearlessRP server, or that Zarp DarkRP one.

Basically, when I’m connecting to a server, it works perfect, but in some cases ( fearlessrp, zarp ) i just get stuck at 4 bars of loading and for a long while nothing happens and then I finally timeout, the loading screen behind the loading bar comes up fine and animated.

Any help appreciated.

bump, please help It’s been like this for a week or two now. :frowning:

Is there anything in console? Errors ect?

I’ll check now, I’ll paste everything I see

This is all I get from console:

Adding Filesystem Addon ‘c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\css content addon (dec2013)’
Adding Filesystem Addon ‘c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\dod content addon (dec2013)’
Initializing Awesomium…
No Kinect SDK
Lua JIT is DISABLED!
Unknown command “cl_thirdperson”
JOY_AXIS_X: mapped to Turn (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_Y: mapped to Look (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_Z: unmapped
JOY_AXIS_R: mapped to Forward (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_U: mapped to Side (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_V: unmapped
Advanced Joystick settings initialized
Unknown command “hud_showemptyweaponslots”
Unknown command “sv_backspeed”
Not playing a local game.
Adding Filesystem Addon ‘c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\css content addon (dec2013)’
Adding Filesystem Addon ‘c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\dod content addon (dec2013)’
Network: IP 192.168.1.27, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Connecting to 176.31.228.8:27015…
Connected to 176.31.228.8:27015

CityRP
Map: rp_evocity_v2d
Players: 49 / 55
Build: 5352
Server Number: 1

[FL] Fearless [Semi-Serious Roleplay] [FASTDL]
http://www.fearlessrp.net/loading/loadv2d.php?steamid=%s
cityrp_made_by_fearless_copyright_2013_4256
rp_evocity_v2d

I tried removing addons before anyone says thats the fault :confused:

Bump, it happens on a good few servers, one of them fearlessrp, halp.

bump. once more

bump

bump.

Sometimes I timeout on the first connect, when you get kicked out due to timeout, open the console and type retry (or reconnect can’t remember which one) and it should load

Thanks, will try now.

EDIT: Didn’t work.

bump.

It looks like your computer just can’t connect to the server fast enough. Try removing background programs and running the game with -dxlevel 80

Thanks, will try now.
EDIT: Didn’t work :frowning:

-First of all try removing or disabling all your addons or just simply reinstall gmod ( might help )
-Then simply try removing background programs [ 1. Open run and type in “msconfig” without quotationmarks 2. Go to startup tab 3. Disable programs ]

if This won’t help

-Check your internet speed and post it in the thread

Conclusion : Your pc won’t connect to some servers cause they are to far away your computer / internet can’t handle the distance so maybe these things will help if they won’t post in the thread

Thanks, but it used to always work on the exact same router so. I tried disabling addons and re-installing. I dis-abled a good few programs I didn’t exactly need from start-up, one of which was just tiled “program” with no icon which was weird. I will now restart then edit this post if any luck.

EDIT: I did all you said, but it did nothing and I still can’t connect to the server.

Tried reinstalling your gmod already

tried it. didnt work.

Can you connect to any other Valve game servers like tf2

Yeah, all of them, only in gmod there is SOME i cant connect to.

Euhm how are you connecting to them with the legacy browser or the normal way find multiplayer server