Can't find Garry's Mod Directory?

I’m trying to run Garry’s Mod 10, and when I open it, it’s asking me to put these files into the Garry’s Mod directory. But I cannot find my garry’s mod directory anywhere on my computer. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it?

Are you trying to use a pirated version of Gmod?

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps*usernamehere*\garrysmod\garrysmod\

Are you using warez?

Hakita: No, it’s not pirated.

jetboy: Tried it, didn’t work.

ThisIsMyUsername: Probably not because I don’t know what that is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well could you try and find it otherwise we cant really help.

Also, warez means pirated or illegal software

Well, I tried what jetboy said, but there’s no garrysmod folder. there’s just a list of my games.

Well, open My Computer, hit ctrl+f, Click “All files and folders”, and under where it says “All or part of the file name” type “garrysmod”. Those are the most basic instructions I can give :v:

[editline]04:02PM[/editline]

You probably installed the steam folder somewhere other than where the default settings put it.

Well, can I add in my own directory for garrysmod in the steamapps folder?

How is it possible that it’s not C(or any other drive for that matter):\Program Files\Steam\steamapps(yournamehere)\garrysmod

I don’t know?

That’s why I’m asking.

It could be in C(or any other drive):\Program Files\Valve

This happened to a couple of my friends.

Nope. That’s not it.

I ask again, can I create my own GMod directory? I have one for GMod9 but not 10. (And it’s not the ‘garrysmod’. It says ‘GMod9’)

First of all, did you buy Gmod?

[editline]10:22PM[/editline]

This is a stupid question, but you never know… :v:

Yes, I did.

Wait, no. I bought GMod 9. I found GMod 10 online for free.

Gmod 9 is free, you’ve been scammed. Gmod 10 is 5 dollars.

Oh.

Okay, well, that’s all I wanted to know. Thanks.

I bought garrysmod of steam and i cant find the folder :S

wow, look at the post dates

Look in C:\Program Files\ to see if the Steam folder is there. If it’s not there and you’re using a 64-bit system, look in C:\Program Files (x86). The Steam folder should be in one of those folders. If you can’t find Steam anywhere, then do a search or something.

Once you’ve found Steam, go inside it to steamapps\YOURSTEAMUSERNAME. Obviously, replace YOURSTEAMUSERNAME with your Steam username. If you have installed and run GMod, there should be a folder inside YOURSTEAMUSERNAME called garrysmod.