Hi, I recently got a new motherboard (MSI 970 Gaming) and CPU (AMD FX8350 8Core) and was having a lot of problems with windows and old drivers. (Keep in mind that I have had this new hardware for about 5 days and Rust was working fine before the following) These problems made me have to uninstall and reinstall windows due to all of the BSODs I kept getting. Now, after doing so, I tried to launch Rust and i got the following error: Rust Launcher Error: LauncherFailure - StartService failed (1275) I don’t even get to go into the launcher. I’ve been googling this error for a few hours now to no avail.
Things i’ve tried:
- Uninstalling and reinstalling EAC.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Rust.
- Verifying the integrity of the game cache.
- Deleting all EAC related items in the Rust directory and then Verifying the integrity of the game cache.
- Turning off my antivirus.
- Allowing Rust through my firewall.
- Excluding Rust from my antivirus.
- Restarting my computer.
- Launching Rust through the Rust directory. (Works but i can’t join any server due to EAC)
- Launching Rust as an administrator.
Mobo: MSI 970 Gaming.
CPU: AMD FX8350 8Core.
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960.
RAM: 12gb 1600mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport.
Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO.
Case: NZXT Phantom 530.
HDD: 7200rpm 1TB (Unsure of the name)
PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified
- I usually run Rust at 60-100fps with settings labeled as “Good”
- My CPU temp never seems to rise above 65°C while playing Rust.
I straight up just can’t launch the game and i’m out of things to try. Please reply ASAP because i’d like to finish working on my base