Can't open spawn menu

Hiya

There’s a problem on my regular server whereby no one can open the spawn menu. It’s just a standard build server running wire and phx. All we get is the following lua error:

vgui.Create: ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘OnSpawnMenuOpen’ Failed: sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu/spawnmenu.lua:50: attempt to index global ‘g_ContextMenu’ (a nil value)

I’ve asked the server admin and he’s kind of at a loss as to what’s wrong. The same goes for things like musex, that doesn’t even open either. Anyone know what the problem is? The server’s was updated when the achievements came out but that’s when the problems started. I tried spawnmenu_reload to see if it would make any difference, but I only got the following:

Error when calling ‘ContextMenu’:Init (sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\contextmenu.lua:18: attempt to index field ‘Canvas’ (a nil value))
sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\contextmenu.lua:230: attempt to index global ‘g_ContextMenu’ (a nil value)
sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu oolpanel.lua:140: attempt to index field ‘List’ (a nil value)
sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\contextmenu.lua:133: attempt to index field ‘Canvas’ (a nil value)
sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\contextmenu.lua:133: attempt to index field ‘Canvas’ (a nil value)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

I also have the same problem on every server. I’ve tried deleting all local content and reinstalling but that still didn’t solve it.

please help:

ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘OnSpawnMenuOpen’ Failed: sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu/spawnmenu.lua:50: attempt to index global ‘g_ContextMenu’ (a nil value)

Well did you fix it? if you did please help im the only one in servers i join with that problem

I have this problem too

i get this error everytime i open the spawn menu, but my spawnmenu opens…

OMG it does this with me too! I HATE IT! I HATE IT SO MUCH! I would download somehting and not be able to use it cause the spawnmenu doesnt work! GODDAMN IT! I haven’t played GMOD in DAYS!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! OMGBBQWTFHALPOMFG!!! Help? lolol

Sorry to bump this, but I’ve also got this problem. It’s not addon related, and i’ve had it since doing an entire reinstall of gmod.

Indeed. I had this on my laptop of which I am typing on, but fixed it by copying over my gamemodes folder from my desktop.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2P8HVE1W

i will try but how u mean on ur desktop…!!!
it is in steamapps/URNAME/garrysmod/garrysmod/gamemodes

This is in the wrong section. This has happened to me many times before. I found a fix that immediately fixes it. It is just a simple command that you have to type.

plss help me what is that command man??? OMGOMGGM pls say!!! i cant play sourcemods nonsteam server anymore! because i cant spawn of this shit error!!!

you just bumped a 1 year old thread