Can't place walls in certain places

This is a problem that began for me just yesterday and has carried over to today.
I can’t place walls in certain places, but there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I was building a base, and was able to lay down foundation/foundation stairs just fine, but my doorway just fell over upon placing it, and my walls crumble as soon as I place them.

I don’t know whether it’s a server issue or a terrain issue- but I doubt it’s a terrain issue because the foundation was place-able. I’ve quit the server, quit the game, doesn’t fix it. I’ve joined a different server and was able to place walls and doorways just fine, so perhaps it’s a server issue?

I guess if I’m doing something wrong, I’d like to know what it is. Or is it out of my control and just a bug with the server that needs to pass?

Currently, if there are more than 150k colliders on a map, you may start getting physics issues. Of this was a populated server with a lot of structures, then that’s likely the problem you’re having.

Ahh, I see. Yeah, this server is absolutely bursting with structures. Thanks for the explanation.

I play on facepunch washington. After the 3-19-2015 update, I experienced this on my groups base that has been standing for 2 weeks now. Someone blew our walls and I am unable to replace them. All the surrounding walls are sound and stable. I can however place walls on the roof.
4 words Gary… Please Bring Back DECAY!!! It is an absolutely needed element.