Can't play rust experimental branch.

Hey !
I’m having a problem when launching the game on experimental.When i press play, a message pops up saying that easy anti cheat is not installed correctly.I tried different things : I reinstalled the game , I launched it as an administator, I installed easy anti cheat but i still have this message.Anyone having this issue? Anyone has a fix?
Thanks !

I suggest, if not done in this specific way:

-Delete local content through Steam.
-Close Steam
-Go into the actual game folder, delete the leftover files there.
-Double-check firewall settings, remove any instance of Rust mentioned there.
-Then, search for REGEDIT from the Start Menu, run, search and delete all folders (keys) associated with Facepunch (you can do a search). There’s generally two entries, make sure to get them both.

-Finally, open Steam back up, right-click on Rust, choose experimental branch, install.
It will refresh everything you’ve deleted and reinstall the game in its entirety from the ground up.

That’s probably the most definitive way to troubleshoot Rust.
If this does not work for you, you may be missing a run-time library which is too specific for me to readily offer advice on.

We’re working on fixing this issue, in the meanwhile it’d be interesting to know if this helps:

Open task manager and make sure that there’s no rust.exe process and that the EasyAntiCheat service is in Stopped state.
Open cmd as administrator, go to “%rust installation folder%\easyanticheat” and run the command “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe install 12”

Does this fix it?

i have had a few problems but i expected them, could not find Experimental server yesterday.
today i can’t boot up the experimental version of rust from steam but i can directly from the folder by running RustClient.exe (Strange)

Should be back to normal now

wow. garry answers this but no one will comment why the official servers have been disappearing for the last 2 months… I just dont get it.

Please keep Mac support for this game Garry!

cant start the game anymore. Unknown error, no matter which branch. tried everything.
Win 8.1

Yep SORTED.

(just love going on Exp server seeing the nigh daily evolution of the new rust, sometimes i think i will need a full box of kleenex. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Ok I’m going to try thanks people !

I’m playing on a macbook pro and i can’t play the experimental branch. When i press play, an icon appears in my dock and disappears really quickly. After pressing play again i get the following error from steam:

“Failed to start game (app already running).”

The problem is that I don’t have any installation folder in C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\rust.

Still doesn’t work for me :frowning:

[editline]12th May 2014[/editline]

Oh no my fault just wasn’t the right place i’m going to try your method.

[editline]12th May 2014[/editline]

Ok eac_sma I tried your method step by step but it doesn’t work. But now when I launch the game I don’t have the error saying that easy anti cheat is not installed correctly but the game won’t launch after that .

I have same TS problem with EAC.
eac_SMa - when I did it I see “… installed” in cmd but when I click rust I see request to install EAC again and “easy anti cheat is not installed correctly” if I choose Yes.

P.S. I used “steam://rungameid/252xxx” link. When I use “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\rust\RustClient.exe” link (steam ON) - rust started, I enter 1 official server, saw map and hands then lost connection and now no servers at official list. After few minutes im in! =)

No,that don’t work for me :frowning:

Hey man, try this:

Right click Rust in Steam
Delete Local Content
Reinstall Rust again on Steam
Right click Rust, Properties, BETA, select Experimental Branch.

Yeah man already did it but now it works perfect i can play the game back again.

You could also try restarting your computer…

i got this error earlier

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: rust.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5375dc22
Problem Signature 04: EasyAntiCheat.Client
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 5376021b
Problem Signature 07: 2d
Problem Signature 08: 29
Problem Signature 09: System.DllNotFoundException

i restarted my pc and verified integrity of game cache found 2 file that were wrong, it updated and now everything is ok.

Like I said. Restarting does wonders.

hey guys I have run validate files about 3 times now gunna try restarting my comp now but evey time I try to launch threw steam the game closes after the options window but I can launch threw the files, thing is I am running windows 7 so this really shouldn’t be too big an issue.