Can't see any servers in serverlist

I recently got a new laptop and whenever I load up Garrysmod no servers appear on the list. I’ve been told this is common on 64 bit systems, but I was wondering if there is some way I can fix it. Thanks in advance.

Try allowing Steam/Garry’s Mod through your firewall. Or you could try and find what ports it uses to open them up.

How would I go about opening the ports? Hl2 and Garrysmod are both allowed through my firewall.

To open ports: type 192.168.1.1 into your navbar, it’ll ask you to login with your router details.

If you don’t know them, look up the router model and “admin password” in Google. Usually most routers use “admin” as the username and “password” as the password by default. Go to your port forwarding section, and open up.

Also, turn of “use simple list” in your server browser, many times servers won’t show up there. Make sure you have your filters turned off for your server browser, as one of them might not be acting the way it’s supposed to toward it.

Also, the most obvious one, make sure your server is turned on and hasn’t crashed.