Can't see sprays

Alright, very frequently asked question to which I have yet to see a solution for. I’ve tried the following:

r_decals 500 (I’ve tried an assortment of numbers, none of which have worked)
cl_allowdownload 1
cl_playerspraydisable 0
mp_decals 5000
(Once again, I’ve tried different numbers)
Uninstalling and reinstalling

I can see my spray and occasionally (very rarely) someone else’s spray. I’d say that if I were to join 10 random servers with 20 people on each, I’d probably see one other person’s spray. Anyone have a working solution?

Lots of servers are set up to disable sprays due to recent exploits involved with source’s file transfer system.

Well I tend to play on a specific TTT server whenever I play and I know for a fact that that’s not the issue. Everyone but myself can see sprays.

(I talk to the owner on a near daily basis, so yes I know for a fact that this isn’t an issue, we already checked.)

It’s possible that people have other people’s sprays cached from other servers / before the server was changed to not send sprays to clients.

Check with the server owner to see if sv_allowupload and sv_allowdownload are both set to 1 in the server.cfg.

It is. I run into this problem everywhere I go. All players but myself can see sprays, so it’s clientside but I don’t know what’s causing the issue.

I get this on and off, mostly it is in a certain part of the map where the texture doesn’t allow a foreign material such as a spray to be placed. That could be your issue.

No, it’s not. I get what you’re saying, but it’s everywhere. The recent update seemed to have sort of fixed the problem (at least it fixed something…). Only thing now is that I can only see one spray on a server at a time… So if someone else puts a spray down, the other one disappears. I did r_decals 2400 and it’s still an issue. I’m just going to give up, it seems to be a lost cause.