Can't select HL2:EP2 in SDK

I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or had this issue so he can share the solution with me.
The problem occurs when I want to select HL2:EP2 as “Current Game”, it freezes for about 1-2 seconds and then current game is “Half-Life 2 Non EP”
I’ve tried with several Engine Versions, SE 2009, SE MP and it’s still the same.

I’ve tried:
-Resetting game configurations
-Refreshing the content (after each action actually)
-Adding new configuration (via “Edit Game Configurations” -> Add)
-Redownloading and reinstalling Source SDK
-Starting HL2:EP2 and then trying to choose EP2

Also, theres an interesting fact that when I choose EP1 in MP engine - there is NO GRID, like its bugged or something.

I am waiting for your help, thanks in advance.

Don’t use Source Engine MP, Use Source Engine 2009 and then select EP1 or EP2.

Tried Source Engine MP too and saw no grid either. Use the 2009 version.

2009 version worked for me but if that doesn’t work for you then i don’t know what is causing the problem.

Well, yeah… Firegod522 told me that EP2 isn’t MP, but I can’t select it in 09’ either.

yeah, i had same problem with Source Engine MP while ago, but someone help me out with this issue in steam forums. It’s so annoying when it freezes the whole game and you have wait for it. I’ll try to find the link for you in steam i hope it still their cause it been 2/3 years i guess.

I’ve found a link that may help.

Thanks Sniboer, anyway here’s another one you can find that on other link as well, they pretty much the same but, this one show everything by step by step i hope it helps.

http://www.monagames.net/index.php?topic=816.0

I’ve tried it, but when I add EP2 to the list, I still can’t select it.

Launch EP2, exit, then try.

Tried few times, didn’t help.

I don’t want to make another thread, so I’ll ask again: Has anyone found a solution ?

Oh my, I wish I remembered how to fix it. I had this exact same bug, and managed to fix it somehow. Let me see if I can find it in my history.

[editline]9th June 2012[/editline]

I did what the person in the first link said near the bottom.

I went to my gameconfig.txt and deleted the config entries besides the games I wanted to map for. It’s a pain in the arse, but it got it working for me. Hope that helps (Be sure to back it up just in case it doesn’t, of course)!