Can't update the majority of my workshop addons.

This is a problem for me.
The addon update is within size limits (the updated version of it as well) and there are no blacklisted files.

Every time I try to update all the workshopper does is wait for a while and then it links me to my workshop addon.
The problem is that the addon haven’t been updated.
The revision is updated but the date is bugged and no actual change has been made.

Examples:

Air Vehicles (can’t update)
Revision 1 - Oct 25, 2012 @ 12:14am
Revision 2 - Oct 25, 2012 @ 12:14am
Revision 3 - Oct 25, 2012 @ 12:14am

SCars Basic (can’t update)
Revision 1 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:07pm
Revision 2 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:07pm

SCars Extra (can’t update)
Revision 1 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:41pm
Revision 2 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:41pm
Revision 3 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:41pm
Revision 4 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:41pm
Revision 5 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:41pm
Revision 6 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:41pm
Revision 7 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:41pm
Revision 8 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:41pm

Just so you know, the number of revisions on the workshop addons I can’t update is the actual number
of times I’ve tried to upload/update it. Works just fine for SCars Slim for example.

SCars Slim
Revision 1 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 9:39pm
Revision 2 - Oct 24, 2012 @ 9:39pm
Revision 3 - Oct 25, 2012 @ 1:03am
Revision 4 - Oct 25, 2012 @ 6:12pm
Revision 5 - Nov 2, 2012 @ 3:53pm
Revision 6 - Nov 3, 2012 @ 5:14pm
Revision 7 - Nov 3, 2012 @ 6:03pm
Revision 8 - Nov 6, 2012 @ 4:38pm

I’ve done everything correct as far as I know.
Maybe I did something wrong but how am I supposed to know?
It’s not like the workshopper tells you.
I think the workshopper needs more attention at the moment in my opinion.

No changes have been done since October.

Edit
Doesn’t work for SCars Slim anymore.
Tried to update today. Got a new revision but like always, wrong date, no change.

Revision 9 - 21 Nov 2012 @ 2:22pm

Something is really wrong with the Workshopper.
I can’t update anything as well.

I’ll try to get a new workshopper tool out with some useful output when it fails.

I’m considering breaking away from the GUI and making some command line tools - which you would be free to use - and then building a GUI on top of those tools (or someone else could).

I’d take the CLI version over a GUI any day

I already rated that post with “Winner”, but it deserves more:

Go for it, it sounds great! :dance:

Any information would be nice, with no error codes, there’s nothing to look up and find out whats wrong.

Thanks for taking notice.

Still can’t update any of my addons at the moment.
My latest update occurred 21 of Nov. All updates after that have failed.

I just wonder what would happen if a GMod update would break one of the addons and the addon will start to piss out errors.
Will it get removed? It’s not like I can fix it or at least I don’t know the reason why I can’t fix it.
Already got one addon half broken. Doesn’t cause any Lua errors but the end result isn’t really what it should be.

This is quite frustrating because the end user doesn’t want to read/understand stuff about the issues.
They don’t care, they just complain instead even though there isn’t much I can do at the moment.
This is especially annoying when you have already solved the issue but you simply can’t upload the fix.

I’m getting this alot too. I can never upload anything without it erroring at least 5 times first. You said 3 weeks ago garry that these tools were being made, when can we expect a release?

Are you saying it will eventually work as long as you keep trying?
And do you actually get errors because I don’t get any.

Most of the time the workshopper waits a while after I press the finish (guess it’s compressing the file at that time).
Once it starts uploading the uploading screen flashes and then it opens a web browser window with the workshop addon and in the end no changes were made.

Errors as in hypothetically, I know it’s failed but nothing comes up, apart from another date stamp on ‘Revision #n’ at the same time and date at the previous. Before many-a-time I’ve just kept trying and it worked eventually but yesterday and today so far it’s just not working. 20 attempts and counting but nothing. I’d love to get more information on these new tools from garry.

I guess this is semi-related, I’m having huge issues with workshop.vdf on my dedicated server. I’ve tried adding everything manually and it all works except for WAC Aircrafts, this is not working and only allowing a download to about 20% then says that download failed. I had it working a week or 2 ago but now I have no luck no matter if it is in the workshop.vdf or my addons folder.

I have tried adding it in a different order with no luck as well. If I remember correctly Matt, you had the same issue?

Indeed. Main thread for that issue (which Garry apparently hasn’t seen) is here: http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1228596