Ceiling Turret for Gmod 11

Hello, I’m kind of new at LUA scripting but I wanted to put my cards on the table. I searched all over Google and could not find anyone who made a Spawn Icon for the Ceiling Turret from HL2. One person did on garrysmod.org but it was for Gmod 10(before the update) and the turret did not do anything when it was spawned. So after trying, trying, and trying again, I was able to make a Spawn Icon that when spawned, will turn on when an enemy is near and shoot at it.

[IMG]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8611/gmconstruct0002kz9.th.jpg[/img]

Unfortunatly due to that I’m still a novice, it’s not totally perfect as it will shoot at you like a normal turret (meaning it is on the combine’s side)

I will keep updating with more improvents.

Link:

EDIT: This one has a working Icon, no big deal I know but it looks nicer

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=34870

This looks nice, unfortunately, this is either in the wrong forum, or you forgot to include a download link. This is the release forum.

I swear I remember someone releasing this a a week or two ago.

the down load is on gmod.org

Yeah I know that person’s addon doesn’t work, its for gmod10 before the source update, and the icon fix does not work either. Read the first post carefully.

Edit:

Mine or the other guy’s?

Edit:

Sorry I forgot to add a link. Now it has one.

Mine or the other guy’s?

Edit:

Yours.

This turret is great! Could you maybe make a friendly ceiling turret? like a ceiling turret that wont kill civilians or you it only kills combine and zombies?

And please…stop calling it gmod 11. TECHNICALLY Garry said it could be gmod 11. But it really isn’t, I don’t know why this is bothering me but it really does. There was a dramatic change from gmod9 to gmod10 but not much from gmod10 to… well the update. Thanks, Awesome turret by the way, i want to get into Lua but can’t follow it i guess. It’s a step from Visual Basic and is different in many ways. Good job anyways

Dooh,you can’t attach this to anything.Now we need the nexus turret :D.

There will be no gmod 11 for a long time just a shitfuck-load of gmod 10 updates.

It is GMod11, Garry has said this several times. It’s still being called Gmod10 because of something to do with Steam I believe.

You know, I would love to, but the problem is that this turret doesn’t have a spawnflag that allows me to make it friendly when spawned.

I’ve been trying like crazy to get alternative methods to work but most of the relationship setting happen AFTER the turret has been spawned. Meaning that it can’t be spawned friendly.

When I figure out a method I’ll update it.

Edit:

Why do you need to? Its usually meant for bases. Remember, this is an NPC, you could try the NPC welder, that might help you.

The nexus turret? you mean the one that came out of the ground with the blue laser? I could get that working but I really did not find it useful

Edit:

I really dont see the big deal most people usually get it when others say gmod 11, but oh well everyone has their preferences.

Thanks for the compliments, though I’ll keep working on it.

Edit:

I really dont see the big deal most people usually get it when others say gmod 11, but oh well everyone has their preferences.

Thanks for the compliments, though I’ll keep working on it.

Personally I don’t think Garry’s Mod should be numbered. I think it should just be called Garry’s Mod and then just have updates.

Anyway, on topic this is a good release.

how about making it shoot plasma rounds cause it shoots smg rounds

How about not bumping this thread