CentOS 6.4 won't allow me to run Gmod Server

Hi forum,

I just changed to CentOS from Windows, but I’m having some problems. Whenever I try to start a Gmod server, this happens:

Auto detecting CPU
Using default binary: ./srcds_linux

Console initialized.
ConVarRef mat_dxlevel doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Game_srv.so loaded for "Garry's Mod"
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4000
Initializing Steam libraries for secure Internet server
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by bin/steamclient.so)
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.dll.
SteamGameServer_InitSafe failed!
* Unable to load Steam support library.*
* Unable to load Steam support library.*
* This server will operate in LAN mode only.*
* This server will operate in LAN mode only.*
failed to dlopen /home/tcagame/MagnusS/129/garrysmod/bin/lua_shared_srv.so error=/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by bin/libsteam.so)
Couldn't locate library [lua_shared_srv] or couldn't find module [LUASHARED003]
Couldn't Load Library 'lua_shared_srv' (looking for interface LUASHARED003)Couldn't Load Library 'lua_shared_srv' (looking for interface LUASHARED003)
Couldn't Load Library 'lua_shared_srv' (looking for interface LUASHARED003)
/home/tcagame/.steam/sdk32/libsteam.so
with error:
/home/tcagame/.steam/sdk32/libsteam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libsteam.so
with error:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by bin/libsteam.so)
with error:
/home/tcagame/.steam/sdk32/libsteam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libsteam.so
with error:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by bin/libsteam.so)
with error:
libsteam.so
with error:
Segmentation fault

It seems like I have to use version GLIBCXX_3.4.14 of libstdc, but I’ve read that this version is not yet released for CentOS. Is there a way to fix this error?
Thanks in advance!

Try this, or a solution in this thread

I’ve tried that. Didn’t work.

I am about to install Centos 6.4 On a box to send it to a data center I will see if it works when I install it on my box.

Anyone who has a fix?

I was getting this on Debian 7 so switched back to Debian 6.
Try changing back to an earlier build that worked.

This is not really an option, since there’s about 7 other game services on that server that’s running fine…
I guess we’ll have to wait for our new server to arrive and then we can install something else than CentOS. Debian isn’t working, or what?

Bump.

I understand that I am going to get a little slap here for bumping this, but as this is the exact same issue as what I am having, I feel it better to do this then start a new thread.

All previous ‘fixes’ have been tried, nothing works. I think Garry needs to be instructed on this one.