Certain map crashes on load

Tried to search and couldn’t find anything so I hope this isn’t a common thing that I have missed.

Basically every time I try to load a certain map (c1m1_cleanup, the clean version of the L4D hotel from here) gmod instantly crashes, the log doesn’t provide anything useful (beyond a bunch of errors about models needing recompiling but I get them on maps that work…).
I opened up the dump and the exception is “The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access”, no other map that I have causes this issue.

However now that I think about it my game crashes when I view certain L4D(2?) models in the model browser. Not sure what the exact exception is when that happens as I need to recreate it to get more dumps. So I guess I am wondering, anyone else out there experiencing any similar issues? I had no trouble with Gmod12 loading this map, and I tried to load it once with the beta version and it crashed and I left it alone till just now. I am guessing its something to do with the models but I have no idea how to check or fix it if it is the case.

So yeah, anyone got any ideas / fixes? Or is this an actual issue with gmod?