It doesn’t seem to be working. Can you tell me step by step what to do? There must be a setting I need to change because I have no idea why this isn’t working.
Only way for me to move the part I want to the World is to move the entire func_detail to World. Every time I do so all of the decal overlays I have on the thing need to have the face they are on re-picked or else they disappear on compile.
Add that to the fact my I combined all of my func_details in one huge one that encompases my entire map and you can see the problem.
This is what I am doing:
- Turn on ‘Ignore Groups’ or alternatively hit the ‘Solids’ button in the ‘Select:’ menu. (tried both)
- Select the brush I want to move to World in the func_detail I want to change.
- Hit the ToWorld Button or alternatively CTRL+SHIFT+W (tried both)
- Highlighted part becomes un-highlighted. I HAVE HOPE!
- Turn off ‘Ignore Groups’ or hit ‘Groups’ button in ‘Select:’ menu.
- Select the brush I tried to move.
- It is still a part of the original func_detail.
- HOPES DESTROYED!
- Contemplate all the failures I had in life.
- Eat large quantities of ice cream and pudding.
- Cry some more.
You get the idea. Help.
On another note: the ‘Tools > Align Objects’ and ‘Flip Objects’ never seem to want to work.