Change starting items

hey guys, i hope this is the right forum :slight_smile:

I own a rust server and i would like to change some settings. First off all the craft time: i can log in with rcon and change craft time by using crafting.timescal “0.5”. I read somewhere that it is possble to copy the command into the server.cfg file. Is this right?
Furthermore i want to change the starting items, i thought about adding a stone hatchet for an easier start. Is it possible to write inv.giveplayer “Stone Hatchet” “1” into the server.cfg file so everybody will start with a stone hatchet. Or isn’t it possible to do it like this?

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance

greets

D4Dommy

Do you think your server needs this?
Usually it takes 2-5 minutes to get the stone hatchet (depends on your spawn).
Don’t take the pure survival from the naked mens. :smiley:

I was actually wondering this myself. Friends and I have been toying with the idea of starting our own server, and we thought it would be cool to give a starter package to all players who join up. So instead of starting with the Rock, you start with a stone hatchet. In addition to the 2 bandages and a torch, we wanted to toss in a bit of food.

I’d love to know if this was something that was actually possible.

I’m currently working on a serverside modding API for Rust, and when (if) it’s made available to the public, you’ll be able to change the starting loadout via a Lua plugin.

Currently, in vanilla Rust, it’s not possible.

Has anyone tested adding a line to the cfg file to see if this would work?

The config file is loaded upon launch before any players are connected, adding the command there will either do nothing, or cause an error.

Duh, that makes sense… good call.

hm, thanks for your answers! Yes adding the command do cfg has no effect.

@ thomasfn: Sounds really nice what you’re doing :slight_smile: Let us know when it is finished

If anyone is going to do anything to help a freshly spawned player, please, for the love of christ, just increase the animal spawn rate.