Changing a models texture path

Said in the title. How do I change a models texture path? I looked in XVI32 and I can’t find any texture paths for the model.

I don’t quite understand what you mean.
If you’re talking about the textures a model uses from the materials folder, you have to:

1. Decompile the model with Crowbar (or similar program)
  2. Open the .qc file
  3. Change “$cdmaterials x” to your new file path (relevant to the materials folder)
  4. Recompile the model

I decompiled the model, and then I looked inside. It was already pointed at the Correct Materials folder. Do I redirect it to the exact file? Because I tried that. It didn’t work it was just a Missing Texture. This is what was in it.

// Created by Crowbar 0.24.0.0

$modelname "vietnamfd\mci.mdl"

$bodygroup "body"
{
	studio "MCI_reference.smd"
}

$cdmaterials "models\vietnamfd"

$surfaceprop "paper"

$contents "solid"

// NOTE: The following commented-out $definebone lines might be needed, as is often the case for view models. When needed, simply remove the two slashes '//' from the start of each line.
// $definebone "357MagnumAmmoBox:0" "" -3.521835 7.616195 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

$sequence "idle" "MCI_anims\idle.smd" {
	fps 1
}

$collisionmodel "MCI_physics.smd"
{
	$mass 100
	$inertia 1
	$damping 0
	$rotdamping 0
	$concave

}

$keyvalues
{
	prop_data 
	{
		"base" "metal.Small"
	}
}

Ah, that explains it. If it’s some sort of addon, make sure you’re subscribed to it/have the materials in their correct spots on your client… beyond that if the materials folder is correct you should be able to see them presuming the vmt is set up correctly…

What I’m doing is I’m trying to edit a model (from a workshop addon) to have a different texture I made for it. I’m pretty sure I set up the VMT correctly, but it’s still not working, so this is it.

"VertexlitGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "models/vietnamfd/vietnammc"
	"$bumpmap" "models/vietnamfd/vietnammc_n"
}

Ah. It sounds like you’ve taken care to put it in the right spot, but are you replacing the texture or using it under a different name?

i put it under a different name

Ah, then you’ll need to open the decompiled model, then in the whatever.smd (you want reference, not physics if you have both).
Inside the smd file you will see a header, then below that you’ll see something that looks like this:

texturename
	number  number  number
	number  number  number

many times.
texturename is the old texture that you want to replace. So, in a text editor, replace each texturename with the one you want to use.
For example, say one of the old textures was blue, and looked like this

blue
	number number number
	number number number

and my texture was red,I would find and replace blue with red so it would look like this:

red
	number number number
	number number number

And do this for each of the textures you need to replace, then recompile the model (you also should change its name in the .qc file if you do this).
It might just be easier to make a different folder for your textures and use the same texture names, just change the cdmaterials. Whatever you decide.
Sorry if I didn’t explain well