Changing a Playermodel Skin

Ok, so I’ve Googled it and it’s come up with shit videos on how to change my playermodel in the “Q” menu, but that’s not what I’d like to do. Is there a way of changing my playermodel’s skin? Doesn’t have to be done live, I just need to know if it’s possible.

Like this:

I know that’s for GMod 13, but anything for 12? Like I said I’m happy with doing it outside of the game, and if I have to wait 2 months then so be it, but I doubt that.

Thanks all.

EDIT: For the record, whack down anything else to do if it involves bodygroups. I have no idea if that made sense or is even relative to this, but there we go. I might be surprised.

It’s easy to reskin a model, and even easier to hex, but for the citizens it’s a special case. For some reason gmod doesn’t hold the citizens with playermodel animations, so you have to make them yourself, it’s really not that hard, try this tutorial here.

Once you do that you can learn how to hex and reskin.

I’ve already done all of that (except for the hexing and reskinning, but that’s not what I’m after), I want to know how to change the skin for the playermodels.

When you load GMod it just gives you the first skin of that playermodel. How do I change that skin? -Is what I’m asking.

You can’t be so vague.

Do you want to change it to a different rebel, make your own skin, “changing a skin” isn’t very specific.

I don’t know how I can be any more specific. The video is EXACTLY what I’d like to do here.

I don’t want to create my own skins, or convert any models. I’m… Looking for a value that says something like the skin number is “0” and I change it to “3” or something.

The skin-switcher for ragdolls does this kind of idea, but it does it with ragdolls. Anything that can do that except with playermodels, is what I’m looking for.

OH

you’re talking about skin groups
personally don’t remember how to do it, but it was posted somewhere in the models and skins pimpage group, so ask around there

Thanks. To be honest I don’t want to go invading other threads with my questions so I’ll have a look and if I don’t find an answer I’ll just rely on hope that someone can tell me what to do.

I also must apologise for my lack of descriptive and terminology skills, I’m not too great in either area, generally because I’m just poor at English and I forget… Special… Words… :S

It’s fine, although you should really just ask them, they’re nice guys and I’m sure they’ll help