Chat add-on

I propose to add an opportunity for a chat, which will consist in the fact that when you click on some link in the chat, you are immediately thrown to the site (or after confirming the actions).

For displaying links as plain text is a bit awkward. You have to copy then paste… :sleepy:

1 Like

I don’t know, but I have the feeling you have not been following the dev posts, where he has shown a chat and I can assume you will be able to open links too

1 Like

Even if we can’t, we should be able to easily add it, chat will probably just be a C# script

2 Likes

Isn’t that how it already works in Garry’s Mod? You can click links and it’ll warn you about it before sending you to the link through the Steam overlay

1 Like

IMO the chat as well as all the other UI elements and game systems should contain just the required minimal functionality with the ability to extend it or replace it completely with a custom implementation.

S&Box devs shouldn’t waste their time implementing advanced chat, notifications, map voting, scoreboard, whatever, because there is a very good chance that a half of servers won’t need these systems at all or will replace them with a custom addon while the other half will be just fine with simple defaults.

2 Likes

Garry has said time and time again that they don’t want to just make a game where you make games, they also want to deliver a full experience that is worth your money even without user created content. This means that they will polish whatever features are needed for their own game modes, and if a nice chat system and map voting and all that is deemed necessary, they will do it.

1 Like