Chat command - Quick Help Please!

Hi, so all im trying to do is make a chat command that runs the console command “adminbuddy”… and i cant xD

My code is:

function myChatCommand( ply, text, public )
if( string.sub( text, 1, 5) == “/logs” ) then
RunConsoleCommand(“adminbuddy”);
end
end
hook.Add( “PlayerSay”, “myChatCommand”, myChatCommand )

And it doesnt work, please help, thanks in advance!

PS: i do have the tabs in they just didnt paste in the thread

if SERVER then
function myChatCommand( ply, text, public )
	if text == "/logs"  then
        ply:ConCommand("adminbuddy");
	end
end
hook.Add( "PlayerSay", "myChatCommand12", myChatCommand )
else
print("you're not running this right, stop running it clientside")
end

try, ohhh i see now. you’re making it run a console command on the server. one second, updating

updated

so that should make the client run the command in console right?

yes

ah it seems to work! thanks :smiley:

Only issue i see is it seems to bug the menu slightly, when opening it using the console command it open it normally and can be closed by pressing X but when i type /logs i have to press X 2 times to close it as it leaves a bugged empty page, its wierd idk but anyway it works thank you :slight_smile:

you make no sense

[editline]29th May 2014[/editline]

are you running a for loop?

This ties ! and / commands directly to concommands: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/tutoring/chat_commands/chat_commands.lua.html

Ok if i didnt make sense, when i enter the console command it opens the admin logging menu properly, when i use the chat command, it opens what looks like a normal logging menu but when i close it leaves a blank menu underneath that i have to close a second time, as if it enetered the command twice, but the second menu is blank and bugged

Show us the concommand.Add code.

Have you restarted the server?, When I code allot and update the code will server is running, sometimes it will run the new code twice, try restarting the server.